We live in a fast-moving world with an almost desperate desire to escape from our daily routine. We need legends to dream about and heroes to whom we can relate ourselves. With movies like “Into the Woods” being released lately, it is no surprise how the fashion industry gives a new creative meaning to the whimsical, dark romance side of fairy tales. Collections, editorials and events are inspired by this ongoing trend. So is the upcoming Fairytales and Legends Fashion Gala that will be hosted by Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra & Holt Renfrew on November 6th in the Devonian Gardens. Clearly, we are very excited to be there and spot some really cool outfits for our style report. But first, let’s all take a moment and browse through some iconic fashion editorials and get inspired.
Our style suggestions for the event are quite easy:
- Put on some drama. Don’t exaggerate.
- Fabrics: lace, jacquard, sheer organza, silk & velvet.
- Colors: it’s all about a very McQueen like dark romance. We bet on black, dark earthy tones or blush pale tones and, of course, the always royal and rich emerald.
- Details: ruffles, capes, feathers, beads, prints & co.
- Accessories: bold, embellished shoes, lace up sandals, dramatic necklaces, surrealist headbands and fascinators.
Shop your looks: